10962 : Advanced Automated Administration With Windows
This is a three-day course that will teach students how to automate administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will learn core scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors. Students will learn how to works with Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files, Students will also learn how to use new administration tools such Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers.
The duration of the program :
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Students should have a foundational knowledge of Windows PowerShell, which they can obtain by taking course 10961C: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell.
In addition, this course provides scripting guidance for developers who support development environments and deployment processes.
Module 1: Creating advanced functions
This module explains how to parameterize a command into an advanced function.
· Converting a command into an advanced function
· Creating a script module
· Defining parameter attributes and input validation
· Writing functions that accept pipeline input
· Producing complex pipeline output
· Documenting functions by using comment-based help
· Supporting –WhatIf and -Confirm
Module 2: Using Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell
This module explains how to use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API to supplement functionality that Windows PowerShell commands provide.
· Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
· Using REST API in Windows PowerShell
Module 3: Writing controller scripts
This module explains how to combine advanced functions that perform a specific task and a controller script that provides a user interface or automates a business process.
· Introducing controller scripts
· Writing controller scripts that display a user interface
· Writing controller scripts that produce reports
Module 4: Handling script errors
This module explains how to perform basic error handling in scripts.
· Understanding error handling
· Handling errors and timeouts in a script
Module 5: Using XML, JSON, and custom-formatted data
This module explains how to read, manipulate, and write data in XML and JSON format.
· Reading, manipulating, and writing XML-formatted data
· Reading, manipulating, and writing JSON-formatted data
· Reading and manipulating custom-formatted data
Module 6: Enhancing server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration
This module explains how to write Desired State Configuration (DSC) configuration files, deploy those files to servers, and monitor servers’ configurations. This module also explains how to restrict administrative access with Just Enough Administration (JEA).
· Understanding Desired State Configuration
· Creating and deploying a DSC configuration
· Implementing Just Enough Administration
Module 7: Analyzing and debugging scripts
This module explains how to use native Windows PowerShell features to analyze and debug existing scripts.
· Debugging in Windows PowerShell
· Analyzing and debugging an existing script
Module 8: Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
This module explains the features of the Windows PowerShell Workflow technology.
· Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
Exam : 70-740 “Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016”
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
· Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
· Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
· Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
· Experience with using Windows PowerShell to run commands and to create basic non-modularized scripts.
|Live Online*, Αθήνα, Θεσσαλονίκη
||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
* Σύγχρονη εξ αποστάσεως εκπαίδευση με εισηγητή – Virtual Class
Last update: 1/9/2017 (10962C)