10982 : Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
The duration of the program :
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it.
The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the following exams will also benefit from this course:
• 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices
• 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10
Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
This module explains the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology in Windows 10. This module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high-level architecture, and often-used troubleshooting tools. It also explains the role of an EDST (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician) in a Windows 10 environment.
· Overview of Windows 10
· Introduction to the EDST Job Role
· Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
· Troubleshooting Tools
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
This module describes how to identify and troubleshoot issues that affect the Windows 10 operating system’s ability to start, and how to identify problematic services that run on the operating system. It also describes how to use the Windows 10 advanced troubleshooting tools, collectively known as the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
· Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
· Troubleshooting Startup Settings
· Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
· Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
This module explains how to support users that utilize a multitude of devices that run Windows 10. It describes how an operating system uses device drivers, and how you can troubleshoot hardware devices and device drivers. The module also covers how to monitor the reliability of a Windows 10 device and troubleshoot any issues that might occur.
· Troubleshooting Device Drivers Failures
· Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
· Troubleshooting Physical Failures
· Monitoring Reliability
· Configuring the Registry
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
The focus of this module is on using tools that are designed specifically to facilitate remote management connections. This module explores three ways in which you can remotely connect to and manage remote computers: Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Assistance, and Windows PowerShell remoting.
· Using Remote Desktop
· Using Remote Assistance
· Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Resolving Issues with Network Connectivity
This module describes the tools that you can use to set up and troubleshoot both wired and wireless network connections more efficiently. This module also explains how to support your organization’s network infrastructure, and configure and troubleshoot network connections.
· Determining Network Settings
· Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
· Troubleshooting Name Resolution
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
This module provides an overview of Group Policy and describes how to apply GPOs to computers. It also explains how to resolve configuration problems and issues with applying GPOs.
· Overview of Group Policy Application
· Resolving Client-Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
In this module, you will examine issues that can occur when users sign in. You will study the methods that you can use to identify the causes of sign-in issues, and learn how to troubleshoot them. You will also learn how to troubleshoot the application of user settings.
· Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
· Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
This module explains the virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess technologies, and the common problems with their implementation and usage. The module also provides several possible mitigations for these problems.
· Troubleshooting Issues with VPN Connectivity
· Troubleshooting DirectAccess
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
This module explains how to resolve problems related to resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) issues, and printer access issues.
· Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
· Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
· Troubleshooting Issues with Printer Access
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
This module explains how to resolve problems related to resource access from computers that are not domain members. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot the Work Folders feature, which enables users to access organizational data securely from their personal devices. You will also learn how to configure and troubleshoot access to Microsoft OneDrive.
· Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
· Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
Windows 10 supports the installation and use of two types of applications: desktop apps and Universal Windows apps. This module examines these two types of applications, and the issues—including application compatibility issues—that affect a user’s ability to install and run them. This module also covers how users can resolve web browser–related issues, specifically issues associated with both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
· Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
· Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
· Managing Universal Windows Apps
· Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
Once the Windows 10 operating system is activated on your computers, you must establish procedures to monitor their performance and ensure that they remain up-to-date with the latest operating system updates and security fixes. This module discusses how to provide for the ongoing maintenance of Windows 10 operating systems.
· Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
· Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
· Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating Systems
This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also describes how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
· File Recovery in Windows 10
· Recovering an Operating System
Before attending this course, students must have:
· Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
· Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
· Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
· Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2
|Αθήνα||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|Θεσσαλονίκη||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|Live Online*||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|On-Demand Online**||άμεσα διαθέσιμο||90 ημέρες||Self-paced|
* Σύγχρονη εξ αποστάσεως εκπαίδευση με εισηγητή – Virtual Class
** Ασύγχρονη εξ αποστάσεως εκπαίδευση – Self paced