10991 : Troubleshooting Windows Server 2016 Core Technologies
This course covers a wide variety of troubleshooting scenarios that a network administrator might encounter in their work. A high percentage of this course is labs that require students to identify problems and implement a solution that might include multiple technologies. Students will learn about common errors and resolutions related to Windows Server core technologies including: Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), storage, certificates, Microsoft Hyper-V, load balancing, and failover clustering. Authentication to Office 365 is also covered. Some advanced services such as Microsoft Azure integration, containers, advanced security features such as shielded virtual machines etc., and Linux Integration and support are not covered.
The duration of the program :
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server administrators and want to expand their troubleshooting skills. Students should be experienced with day-to-day administration of Windows Server. These students may or may not have Windows Server 2016–specific training.
Module 1: Implement a troubleshooting methodology
This module describes the common steps in the troubleshooting process, and the commonly used troubleshooting tools. This module also describes how to use remote administration tools and how to troubleshoot Windows PowerShell commands and scripts.
· Overview of the troubleshooting process
· Overview of troubleshooting tools
· Use remote administration tools
· Troubleshoot Windows PowerShell commands and scripts
Module 2: Troubleshoot network connectivity
This module explains how to troubleshoot network connectivity issues by using Windows Server 2016 tools. This module describes using Microsoft Message Analyzer to troubleshoot network connectivity issues. This module also describes how to troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 settings, network communication, the configuration of DHCP and client name resolution.
· Troubleshooting with Message Analyzer
· Troubleshooting IP settings
· Troubleshoot network connectivity
· Troubleshooting DHCP
· Troubleshooting client name resolution
Module 3: Troubleshoot authentication issues
This module describes how to troubleshoot authentication issues, including user and computer authentication issues and AD DS replication issues. This module also describes troubleshooting authentication to Office 365.
· Troubleshoot user and computer account authentication
· Troubleshoot AD DS replication issues
· Troubleshoot authentication to Office 365
Module 4: Troubleshoot application access issues
This module explains how to troubleshoot issues related to application access including issues related to accessing traditional Windows Server apps and issues with certificates that are used for application access. This module also describes how to troubleshoot issues related to accessing web-based applications.
· Troubleshooting access to Windows Server apps
· Troubleshooting issues with certificates
· Troubleshooting access to web-based apps
Module 5: Troubleshoot file access issues
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues related to file access, including access to files and shared folders. This module also describes how to manage and troubleshoot BitLocker.
· Troubleshooting access to files and folders
· Manage and troubleshoot BitLocker
Module 6: Troubleshoot storage issues
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues related to server storage. This module also describes how to troubleshoot and optimize DFS namespaces and replication. Additionally, this module describes how to troubleshoot advanced file services.
· Troubleshooting server storage issues
· Troubleshoot DFS
· Troubleshoot advanced file services
Module 7: Troubleshoot Group Policy
This module explains how to troubleshoot issues related to Group Policy, including how group policies are processed. This module also describes how to troubleshoot Group Policy application.
· Group Policy overview
· Troubleshoot Group Policy application
Module 8: Troubleshooting AD DS
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues related to AD DS, including the tools used for AD DS administration. This module also describes control management of AD DS objects and how to backup and restore AD DS objects. Additionally, this module explains how to troubleshoot issues related to domain controllers and trust relationships between domains and forests.
· Overview of AD DS administration tools
· Control AD DS administration
· Backup and restore AD DS objects
· Troubleshoot issues related to domain controllers
· Troubleshoot AD DS trusts
Module 9: Troubleshoot remote access to data and apps
This module describes how to troubleshoot remote access to data and apps, including VPN connectivity. This module describes remote access options for apps, and how to troubleshoot Remote Desktop Services.
· Troubleshoot VPN connectivity
· Overview of remote access for apps
· Troubleshoot Remote Desktop Services
Module 10: Troubleshoot visualization issues
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues related to virtualization, including the issues that need to be considered when configuring virtual machines and virtual machine resources.
· Issues with VM configuration
· Troubleshoot VM resources
Module 11: Troubleshooting high availability
This module explains how to troubleshoot high availability, including load balancing methods and the considerations for implementing them. This module also describes how to troubleshoot failover clustering and Hyper-V clustering.
· Considerations for implementing load balancing
· Troubleshooting failover clustering
· Troubleshooting Hyper-V clusters
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
· Networking fundamentals, including IPv4 and Domain Name System (DNS)
· Principles and management of AD DS
· Basic understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI)
· Windows PowerShell basics
· Load balancing
· Failover clustering
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
· 20740C: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
· 20741D: Networking with Windows Server 2016
· 20742B: Identity with Windows Server 2016
|Αθήνα||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|Θεσσαλονίκη||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|Live Online*||Σε αναμονή||–||Instructor Led|
|On-Demand Online**||άμεσα διαθέσιμο||90 ημέρες||Self-paced|
* Σύγχρονη εξ αποστάσεως εκπαίδευση με εισηγητή – Virtual Class
** Ασύγχρονη εξ αποστάσεως εκπαίδευση – Self paced